Sunday, April 3, 2011

By Popular Demand -or- Suzanne's Killer Easy Chocolate Pudding

We interrupt this program to present a quick recipe, one that is currently in high demand! I shared this recipe with a few facebook friends the other day, and now there are a whole lot of people who want to try it out. There has even been a request or two to put it on my blog!

It seems people really NEED their pudding! It's not a want, it's a need! So rather than wait until I have the time to photograph the entire process, I've decided to just post the recipe and the one picture I took of it last week. That way you can all get started making pudding right this very minute, or at least as soon as you read this entry.

It's super easy, super delicious, and will have your family swooning and begging for more. I promise.


Suzanne's Killer Easy Chocolate Pudding

2/3 cup sugar (I use organic dehydrated cane)

3 Tbsp flour

2 eggs

2 cups milk

1 tsp vanilla

2 Tbsp butter (optional, but including it makes the pudding super creamy)

6 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate (ghiardelli makes it so decadent)

In a two-quart heavy-bottomed saucepan, mix together sugar and flour. Add beaten eggs and milk and stir very well, so there are no lumps and the mixture looks smooth. Heat over a medium flame, stirring constantly with a whisk. Once the mixture starts to heat up, add butter, then chocolate, a piece at a time. Cook until it begins to thicken and bubble. Turn off heat, stir in vanilla, pour into dessert dishes (here's a great opportunity to use pyrex again!) and leave on the counter if you like your pudding room temperature to warm, or chill in the refrigerator if you like it cold.

That's it! Easy as pie. This doubles well, and I have also omitted the chocolate and added banana slices for a great banana pudding. Have yet to try it with lemon zest and/or juice, but would love to make this into lemon pudding, as well. My friend, Abi, wants to try it with white chocolate and almond extract! Hmmmmm....

(Don't forget to lick the pan and whisk after pouring pudding into dishes.)


3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Just made it, and its AWESOME! this might become a staple for my Sunday Family dinner (and I kept a good deal in the pot for taste-testing, wink, wink). Thanks for posting, Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't stop making it!! thanks (as usual) suzanne xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are all enjoying the pudding. I do plan to post more recipes in the future. I actually have so much I want to post, but time in the garden this planting season is cramping my blogging style.

    More to follow soon!

    ReplyDelete