Sunday, February 20, 2011

{aPaD} In Which Winter Returns -or- Hand-Knit-Hat-Happiness


The smile on Bob's face says it all!



Janet looks quite pleased, as well!

Back in December, our friends, Bob and Janet stopped over for a visit. They saw the Christmas Thorpes I was knitting and wanted some, too! Finally, today, we drove over to their house and I delivered them. It was fun, because they chose their own color schemes. Kind of like making a dream come true, in a very small way.

The past two days we have lived in the garden, taking advantage of the warm thaw to jump on some heavy duty soil preparation. As I began to feel chilled outdoors yesterday afternoon, I could tell the cold was on its way back. Today, it's snowing and cold, the fire's roaring, and winter is back, full force. But because I delivered the hats, I don't mind so much. Why? Because in the course of my knitting life, I have made this observation: There is a direct correlation between cold weather and hand-knit-hat-happiness! I am confident Bob and Janet will enjoy theirs...

3 comments:

  1. I need to make me one of those some day. :) I am glad you got them delivered!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suz-Thanks for the many hats over the years. I love your blogspot..! I can't believe it's been 3 months since we've been there..I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marci, if you can make those teeny tiny socks, you can crank out Thorpes, I assure you!

    Jove, I'm glad you like my hats, and glad you like my blog! Thanks, big bro...

    ReplyDelete